Thursday, January 8, 2009

Banana Pudding Squares

Well it's that time of year, isn't it? Time to start losing that weight we gained over the holidays. Personally, I don't believe in diets. I do believe in sensibility and all things in moderation. I think food is meant to be enjoyed and it's possible to eat even really "sinful" stuff once in awhile and still be healthy. This recipe is actually relatively healthy and tastes really yummy. So you can feel free to indulge a little without feeling guilty.

Banana Pudding Squares
20 reduced-fat vanilla wafers, finely crushed
3 tablespoons margarine, melted
1 8 oz package light cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 8oz carton fat-free whipped topping, divided
3 medium bananas
3 cups low fat milk
2 small packages instant vanilla pudding (regular or sugar-free)

Mix vanilla wafers and margarine. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Mix cream cheese and powdered sugar until well-blended. Fold in 1 1/2 cups of the whipped topping. Spoon evenly over crust, spreading carefully. Slice bananas in half cross-wise, then in half again length-wise. Arrange over cream cheese mixture. Mix pudding and milk together with a wire whisk for 2 minutes. Pour over bananas. Spread remaining whipped topping over pudding. Chill for at least 3 hours before serving. Garnish with shaved chocolate, if desired.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm, can I just make this with all full-fat ingredients? LOL

I miss everyone so now I am haunting the blogs I usually forget to check regularly :)

I made 17-bean soup yesterday using broth from my corned beef last week and tossed in the last of the corned beef, too. yummy. see, I can cook ... once in a while ...

lucyg

Jessie said...

Ooh this sounds yummy! TFS :)