Saturday, November 15, 2008

For the Love of Breakfast

I love breakfast food. Unfortunately, since my husband and I both work full-time, we don't have time for a big, sit-down breakfast during the week. I usually make a hearty breakfast on Sundays. We sometimes have breakfast food for dinner too.

Here is one of my favorite breakfast casserole recipes that's super tasty and easy. I serve it with scrambled eggs and blueberry muffins. Since there aren't any eggs in it, it keeps pretty well for a few days in the fridge. I sometimes take leftovers to work and microwave them for breakfast or lunch during the week. You can also leave out the meat and serve this as a great side dish for any meal.

Easy Hashbrown Casserole
1 32 oz package frozen hasbrown potatoes
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
1 16 oz carton sour cream
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 cup cubed, cooked ham or 1/2 pound bacon cut in pieces and cooked to your liking
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Heat oven to 350. Melt butter over low heat. Stir in cheese and stir until melted. Remove from heat. In a separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Add cheese mixture and stir until blended. Stir in hasbrowns. Spread in a 9 x 13, buttered baking dish. Dot with butter. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

I sometimes sprinkle extra cheese on the top too. Yummy!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Sounds good! I think i would like to try this with bacon.

LUCYG said...

me too! yummy!
lucyg